A partnership between the Regional Health Authority (Southern Health-Santé Sud) and BTHC Foundation will expand BTHC to meet our community’s health and wellness needs, from birth to end-of-life. This expansion plan was developed by our community, with input from patients and residents. The $100 million expansion will add significantly to the diagnostic services, treatments and healthcare you will be able to access close to home.
Last fall, the BTHC Foundation launched its “Future is Now” Capital Campaign with a $10 million fundraising goal to support bringing exceptional care to the community. This month, the campaign reached a tremendous milestone with construction starting at the expansion site. Now with actual shovels in the ground, the Foundation Board of Directors is excited to confirm that they have received pledges and donations totaling over $8 million towards the Capital Campaign. The Board would like to thank those municipalities, businesses and individuals who have already committed to the Campaign. We live in a generous community and your extraordinary support, on top of your continuous contributions to the Foundation’s annual commitments, is nothing short of incredible.
“The expansion of acute care inpatient beds and the addition of the new community services building at BTHC will ensure that we continue to meet the long-term needs of the residents of Morden, Winkler and surrounding communities,” says Jane Curtis, CEO, Southern Health-Santé Sud. “It is thanks to the tremendous efforts of the Boundary Trails Health Centre Foundation and the community for their generous contributions toward these projects. None of this would be possible if it weren’t for the outstanding support of this community.” Foundation Board Chair, Ben Friesen, agrees. “I would like to personally thank those that have got the campaign to this level, “We are so appreciative of the support the expansion project has received. Everyone that has donated or pledged, it’sjust fantastic to see the enthusiasm and excitement.”
With the campaign nearing its $10 million target, the Board now invites the community at large to get involved. “We want everyone to feel like they have had the opportunity to be a part of this, to help shape and enhance healthcare in their community for years to come,” Friesen adds. While meeting with each of the 220,000 people that rely on BTHC for care is impossible, the Board welcomes your questions and discussion about the expansion project. Watch your mailboxes for your campaign invitation and if you would like to discuss how you can more meaningfully participate in our expansion fundraising efforts, please give the Foundation office a call at 204-331-8808 ext. 2.
Visit bthcexpansion.ca for a closer look at the services and programs that will be available once the expansion is complete. The future of healthcare at Boundary Trails Health Centre has never been brighter. Thank you for your continued support.
What You’ll See in the Expanded Boundary Trails Health Centre
– A new, state-of-the-art operating room
– An expanded Emergency Department
– The Cancer Care unit doubled in size
– Twenty-four additional inpatient beds
– A level-2 nursery for premature newborns
– Dedicated space and increased capacity for palliative care services
– An echocardiography suite where over 1,600 scans can be done every year
– An expanded ambulatory care clinic
– A new and advanced hospital pharmacy
– A cutting edge Simulation Lab
– Four physician on-call rooms with private washroom and showers
– Enhanced staff amenities spaces (ex. staff gym, improved locker rooms)
– Child and youth rehabilitation services amalgamated at one location
– Centralized public health, education, and home care services
– Spaces for convenient amenities such as commercial food service, a retail pharmacy, home-care supplies, and therapy providers
By scanning the below QR code, you can also give securely online.